[SCA-BMDL] Change to Silva Vulcani Muster, this Sunday

Cindy Speer gabbywinter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 10:19:48 EST 2016

Hello, all! Because Cal U's Women's basketball team did super well (yay)
and is hosting the playoffs, we got moved.

We will now be at the Performance Center on Sunday, March 6th, from 10:00
am until 5:00 pm.

There will be a class or two, a White Scarf meet and beat, and melee. Lots
of Melee in preparation for the coming War Season. There will be a Academy
Tournament is there is interest and time. There's a lot of things to be
done, so I am keeping things slightly loose.

Erin Wunderlin will be running an MOL class or two -- so non fencers who
are interested (and fencers, and marshals, and MIT's) can learn more about
what they need to know to run tournaments more smoothly. (Even if you are
not an MOL yourself, there are things you can learn for when you marshal
your own tournament.)

Food: Bring your own, travel to town, or take part in our Tavern Bake sale!
(The Union food options will be closed.)

Parking: If you buy a pass off of us, it's 5.00/a day. If you park in town
and walk, it is free, if you do nor buy a pass they will give you a ticket
for $25.00 -- since stuff is going on this Sunday, they will be patrolling.
There is also a metered lot if you only want to come for an hour or two --
(It's roughly a dollar an hour until you get past three hours, then it is
cheaper to buy our pass.)

But Parking is RIGHT next to the Union. Here is a map.

http://www.calu.edu/parking/_files/2013-campus-map.pdf

The map may confuse you -- Lot 17 is not listed, but there is a red and
black area that is marked for construction. I am using this map because
while the construction is all done, it's really easy to see where you need
to go.

Lot 17 is the red and black stripped area. The Union is encircled in red.

Directions:

Use this handy dandy page to get to campus:
http://www.calu.edu/about-us/directions-and-maps/

Now, when you get to campus, drive down the main road...you will pass
between the two towers. You will eventually have no choice by to turn
right, going up a hill.

Lot 17 is on your left. The Union is next to the parking lot, a green
roofed, red brick building. Entrance is on the side. Go left. Go past the
food court. Do not go down the stairs. The Performance Center is towards
the right.

I hope to see you all there!

Gabby