[SCA-BMDL] Thank You, Debatable Lands!

Krista Cogan krista.cogan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:55:42 EST 2016

To Our Dear Barony, from Baron Brandubh and Baroness Hilda,

Thank you all so much for celebrating our Investiture with us. It is an
honor and privilege to serve The Most Excellent Barony in the Knowne World!
It was a pleasure seeing and speaking to you on Saturday, and we know we
missed some of you. We hope to see you at many more events and gatherings
coming up, particularly Barony Meeting on March 6th at the winter practice
site.

We'd like to thank a few folks in particular, and please forgive us (and
let us know!) if we've missed anyone - it was a busy day!

To Their Majesties, Tindal and Etain, Augustus and Augusta Aethelmearc, and
Their Highnesses, our own Prince Byron and Princess Ariella, thank you. To
our Baronial parents, Their Excellencies Liam and Constance, you were fine,
honorable and tireless stewards of these lands, thank you for caring for
our people, and for making the transition easy and joyful. Thank you to
Master Alaric and the Election committee for running a smooth election and
to THL Kieran for creating the beautiful petition.

Thank you to THL Isabel, the event steward, who made the whole day
possible, and to her staff, most especially THL Cas, who provided and
incredibly tasty and well-organized lunch and feast (mmmmm, meats), and
Countess Ali, who has mad royal liaisoning skillz. Also to Lady Abbatissa
and Lady Alime, who ran a *very, very, very* successful fundraiser for the
Barony. Also to Baroness Soteria, the steward in training, and for doing a
data mining project for me, to Baron Bataar for Res and Troll,
Kameshima-kyo for clean-up (and the House of the Blue Crane did you
proud!!), Lord Yoshi as event herald, Lady Katheryn Tantzel both for set
up, and for creating the beautiful braided hairstyle for me! To Mistress
Ts'vee'a for the incredible Baronial history display and for arranging the
lineage photo, and THL Hara for running the A&S Champs. To Dame Elsbeth for
running the Heraldic consult table and Lady Ashling for liaisoning with the
merchants.

Thank you, too, to our ancestors who were able to join us as witnesses to
our Investiture, and to those not able to attend but gave advice and
well-wishes: Baron Leonard, Baroness Ardis and Baron Langdon, Baron Tofi
and Baroness Genevieve, Baron Alonzio, Prince Byron and Princess Ariella.
And we also lovingly remember those that have passed, Baroness Anna and
Baroness Tatyana.

We'd also like to thank our wonderful retainers. Every time our brains were
too full, you were there to write a notecard or take a thing from our hand
and make sure it got to where it needed to be! Lady Rivka as our Head
Retainer, THL Bugga, Betkin, THL Margery, Lord Robert (who also wrote the
Latin for our new fight song, Marce Baroniae), Arthes, Alistair, and THL
Muirgheal, who was our sanity, along with Hilda's dear proteges, THL Hara
(who threw a fun public post revel with THL Ishiyama), Lady Astrid, and THL
Sumayya (who also helped with the Comet pouches), who all helped in many
other ways.

Thank you to the incredibly talented ladies who created most of our garb:
Hrefna fruthikona for masterminding the Norse garb, and doing all the
research, as well as the many hours of embroidery on Brandubh's garb, and
providing handmade beads, and Baroness Tatyana's beads. To Mistress
Ts'vee'a, who patterned and constructed most of both sets of garb, and to
Lady Rivka for embroidering Hilda's dress. Many hours were spent by these
talented ladies. Also thank you to Lady Cynewyn for her help with the
underdress, Lord Markus for cardweaving the silk trim we both wore, and
Lady Astrid for her fine fingerloop braided cords.

Thank you, too, to Baron Langdon for the many hours of work he put into
restoring the ancient and venerable Baronial coronets, that we might be
invested with the strength of our history visible in shiny brass and
pearls. And to Baroness Ardis for gifting us with Baron Leonard's cloak,
embroidered by Baroness Anna.

Thank you to Lady Edana for designing and creating our personal pewter
comet tokens. To Mistress Arianna for teaching Hilda how to write her name,
to Mistrss Odriana and Drotinn Jorundr for their very much appreciated
support for Court, and helping to encourage Hilda and easing her court
nerves. To Mistress Amaryllis for creating baldrics and favors, and to
Master Alaric and Dame Elsbeth for providing cloth. To Duchess Siobhan with
assistance from Duke Sven for creating the comet-shaped holders for
Countess Aiden's memorial scribal tokens. To the Debatable Choir for their
beautiful processional music, concert, and being good sports about Hilda's
weird requests. Also to the Orders of Chivalry and Defense members here in
the Barony for their support, and all the scribes and artisans who created
works of art for the Comet recipients.

Thank you all! Again, our apologies if we missed anyone!

In Levitate et Caritate, and Cheers!
Baron Brandubh and Baroness Hilda