[SCA-BMDL] The triumphant return of WEDNESDAY SCRIPTORIUM

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 19:42:18 EDT 2015

Scriptorium will be held at my home in Hampton Township THIS WEDNESDAY
Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 6:00P and will end at 8:00P.

For those of you unfamiliar with what a Scriptorium is:
A scriptorium [plural: scriptoria], in the context of the Middle Ages, is a
room in a monastery set aside for the copying, writing, or illuminating of
manuscripts and records. In the SCA it is where those who are participating
in the Scribal arts meet in an informal setting to learn together and share
each other's company.

This is the start of a new format for Scriptorium. This Wednesday, and
every second Wednesday of the month, will be an "open table" session where
we can settle in and work on projects we have, look through reference
materials for inspiration, work on paint-a-scrolls, and generally make art
together.

The fourth Wednesday of the month will be a scribal class. This month THL
Anlaith ingen Trena will be teaching Scribal 101: This class will go over
basic materials needed to get started into the scribal arts, ranging from
paper to paints to sources.  Will provide some hands on time to get a feel
for the process.

We have dogs and cats. Please medicate appropriately.

For more information and for directions to my home, please contact me by
either replying to this email address (jenn.strobel at gmail.com) or by giving
me a call/text at 412.213.8116.

I look forward to seeing people there.

Odriana