[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:41:09 EDT 2015

Unto all Youth Fighters and their parents,

Ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone, but this Sunday it is NOT SUPPOSED TO RAIN.
And since it hasn't rained much this week, and isn't supposed to rain again
except maybe Saturday, our fighter practice site *might* actually be dry
enough to use. Cross your fingers....

ALSO, for those going to AEthelmearc AEcademy in Stormsport (Erie, PA) on
Saturday, July 4, I will be running youth combat from 11 am to 1pm, so
bring your kids and their gear. There will be *limited* loaner armor and
weapons available. More info here:
http://www.aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=929

With luck, Debatable Lands Youth Fighter practice resumes this Sunday from
2:00-5:00 pm at Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd in the East End
of Pittsburgh. The site is here https://goo.gl/maps/rZ2LA

Loaner gear will be available for interested kids ages 6-17 who wish to try
youth combat.

Remember that the site has no running water and only a portajohn for a
toilet. Bring a water bottle, and if you wish to have something to sit on
other than the grass, a folding chair is a good idea. Don't forget the
sunscreen.

There will be freezer pops!

Youth combat schedule going forward:

July 4 - YOUTH FIGHTING AT AETHELMEARC AECADEMY 11am to 1pm
July 5 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
July 12 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
July 19 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
July 26-August 9 - NO PRACTICE, go to PENNSIC where you can fight every day!

See you this weekend!

Arianna