[SCA-BMDL] Youth Tourney at Iron Comet, no Youth Fighter Practice on Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:09:23 EDT 2015

Unto all Youth Fighters and their parents,

There will be no youth fighter practice this Sunday. Instead, there will be
a Youth Combat Tourney at the Iron Comet event this Saturday starting at
2pm. More info here
<http://debatablelands.org/events/2015-08-29%20Iron%20Comet.php>. Youth who
wish to compete for the Iron Comet Youth Championship must participate in
three of the four martial competitions: Youth Combat, Youth Fencing,
Archery, and Thrown Weapons. They must also enter the Arts & Sciences
competition, but don't be intimidated! A drawing on a medieval theme,
singing or playing a song written before 1601 (Greensleeves, Pastime with
Good Company, the Agincourt Carol, and rounds like Hey Ho Nobody Home),
reciting a poem or story, anything your child can make or perform that fits
in the medieval theme (preferably also within the event theme of "The
Hunt") will qualify.

There will be LIMITED Loaner gear and weapons available at the event as I
won't have room in my vehicle for everything I usually bring to practices.
If your child needs loaner gear, please let me know by 10pm tonight!

Youth combat schedule going forward:

August 29 (Saturday, 2 pm) - Youth Tourney at Iron Comet event
August 30 (Sunday) - no practice, go to Iron Comet on Saturday!
Sept. 6 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
Sept. 13 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
Sept. 20 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.
Sept. 27 - 2-5 pm at Washington Blvd.