[SCA-BMDL] Fall Coronation of Prince Titus Scipio Germanicus and Princess Anna Leigh

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:54:31 EDT 2014

Celebrate the Coronation of Prince Titus Scipio Germanicus and Princess
Anna Leigh on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at the Pittsburgh Chinese
Church, 8711 Old Perry Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15237.

In addition to the Last Court of Tindal Augustus and Etain Augusta, and the
Coronation and First Court of Titus and Anna Leigh, the event will feature
the Æthelmearc Kingdom Heavy Weapons Champion's Tourney. There will also be
a youth combat tourney, rapier tourney, Arts & Sciences display, kingdom
history display, a children's Æ history quest, lunch sideboard, and full
evening feast prepared by Dame Margaret Makafee and her talented staff.
During the feast, a Court of Love will be held, with the feasters and
royalty serving as jury and judge.

*Event Schedule*

   -

   9:00 Site opens
   -

   10:30 Last Court of Tindal Augustus and Etain Augusta, followed by the
   Coronation of Titus and Anna Leigh
   -

   12:00 - 1:00 Lunch sideboard
   -

   12:30 Armor inspection
   -

   1:00 - 4:00 Heavy Weapons Champion's Tourney, youth combat tourney, and
   rapier tourney
   -

   1:00 - 4:00 A&S Display, Æ History Display, Æ Children's History Quest
   -

   4:45 Debatable Choir Performance
   -

   5:00 First Court of Titus and Anna Leigh
   -

   6:30 Feast begins, with Court of Love between removes
   -

   9:00 Site closes

*Details*

Co-autocrats are Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope (Karen Kasper) 1550 Quarry
Rd., Pittsburgh, PA 15237, (412) 367-1882, Ariannawyn(at)gmail(dot)com, and
THLady Elss of Augsburg (Rocky Hayeslip), 221 Pine Rd., Pittsburgh, PA
15237, (724) 759-3333, Elss_of_Augsburg(at)yahoo(dot)com.

 Off-board fee (site fee+lunch) is $8.00, the on-board fee (site fee +lunch
+feast) is $20.00. Those ages 6-18 are half price, those 0-5 years of age
are free. The non-member surcharge (NMS) of $5.00 will be collected at the
door. On-board reservations postmarked on or before September 10 will
receive a $2 discount.

 Reservations clerk is Lady Hara of the Debatable Lands, (Sharon Booth),
246 Whipple St., Pittsburgh, PA 15218, Sbooth(at)sbooth(dot)net, (412)
731-5588. Make checks payable to SCA-PA Inc-Debatable Lands. Online
reservations are at *ACCEPS.ansteorra.org/index.php
<http://acceps.ansteorra.org/index.php>*, select Aethelmearc, then Barony
Marche of the Debatable Lands - Aethelmearc Fall Coronation 2014 to enter
your information.

The day's Arts and Sciences competition extends the themes of Love and
Inspiration to the work we do with our creativity. Which of your works best
expresses the love that you feel for the Society, the Kingdom, or whatever
personal muse it is that inspires you to your best work? Please bring your
works at any skill level and add them to our display. Any manner of
creative art or science is invited, provided it adheres to site
restrictions. Accompany your project piece with a short written statement
of how your project is a symbol of your inspiration and your belief in
personal devotion. The populace will place tokens to indicate their
favorites, and the heirs will also choose the projects they feel best
express the theme.

 The Court of Love will judge one or two cases during the feast, asking the
feasters to comment or otherwise participate in the discussions, and then
ask our new Queen and any ladies she chooses to pass judgment on each case.

*Directions from the west: *

Make your way towards Pittsburgh on I-79. Take exit 73 toward Wexford Bayne
Rd. Turn east onto Wexford Bayne Rd. Turn right at 2nd cross street onto
Brandt School Rd. Continue straight onto W Ingomar Rd. Continue straight
onto Highland Rd **This intersection is very problematic, please proceed
with care.* Turn left onto Old Perry Highway, destination is on left:
*Pittsburgh
Chinese Church at 8711 Old Perry Hwy.*

*Directions from the east: *

Make your way to I-376W/US-22 W. Take exit 70C for I-279 N/Fort Duquesne
Bridge toward North Shore. Merge onto I-279/Fort Duquesne Bridge. Continue
to follow I-279. Take exit 4 to merge onto US-19 Truck N/McKnight Rd. After
about 6.3 miles, turn left onto Cumberland Road. Turn left onto US-19 S.
After Allegheny County Community College, turn right onto Old Perry Hwy.
Destination is on right: *Pittsburgh Chinese Church at 8711 Old Perry Hwy.*

*http://www.debatablelands.org/events/2014-09-20%20Coronation.php
<http://www.debatablelands.org/events/2014-09-20%20Coronation.php>*

Please contact either of the co-autocrats if you have questions.

In service to the Sylvan Kingdom,

Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope

THLady Elss of Augsburg