[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: Now is the time to prepare for war! (Northern Oaken War Maneuvers XVIII)

Robert Smith alaric at pobox.com
Tue May 20 19:46:46 EDT 2014

Greetings All,

 From our neighbors in the Barony of the Cleftlands!

Alaric
Seneschal

To my good cousins, greetings.

May the sun shine gently upon you, for this time of peace is drawing to an
end.

As you well know, the drums of war begin to echo throughout the Known
World. I write to you this day to invite the peoples of the fair Kingdom of
Aethelmearc to gather with us that we may prepare for the time when the
Dragon meets the Tiger on the fields of your own Debatable Lands!

The Barony of the Cleftlands and the Shire of Falcon's Quarry open our
borders that we may learn with and from our neighbors and friends
throughout the realm. Join us for a weekend of armored and rapier combat,
archery, and thrown weapons! Do not fear for the safety of your loved ones,
as with so many fierce warriors in one place, we have ample room to engage
the less-martially inclined in the gentler pastimes of dance, bocce,
classes in the arts and science, and bardic feats such as never before been
witnessed!

We gather beginning Friday, June 6, 2014 in Wellington, Ohio, a place a
mere 45 miles southwest of Cleveland and close to well-established trade
routes. As this missive must needs be short, I kindly direct you to
http://nowm.cleftlands.org to further elaborate on the details of our
plans.

The conflict approaches nearer day by day. I pray that we may draw upon our
ties of friendship and joint strength to acquit ourselves nobly in the
coming days of War.

Yours in service,

Lady Ginevra Boscoli
Deputy Autocrat