[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Saturday AND Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 15:18:02 EDT 2014

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Congratulations to Lord Robert MacEwin of Thornhill for winning the Youth
Combat Tournament at the Passing of the Ice Dragon last Saturday! And
congratulations to Hunter's Home youth fighters Brillo and Arnold, who
fought their last youth tourney there before making the switch to adult
heavy fighting.

This weekend I will be running not one but TWO youth fighter practices! At
the Donnan Party event in the Shire of Ballachlagan (Wheeling, WV) I will
be running a practice for kids who would like to try youth combat. I will
have loaner gear and some of our experienced fighters will be available to
help train newcomers. Youth fighting will be in the early afternoon, exact
time TBD. This is an official SCA event, so garb is required and there is
an event fee. For more info, go to http://donnanparty.org/.

In addition, we'll have our normal Debatable Lands Youth Fighter practice
this Sunday from 2:00 to 5:00 pm at the Environmental Charter School (ECS)
near Frick Park in the East End, at 829 Milton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15218.
Enter through the front door of the building, on Henrietta St. Map here:
http://goo.gl/maps/8SjJQ  <http://goo.gl/maps/8SjJQ>

THIS IS OUR LAST SCHEDULED INDOOR PRACTICE OF THE SEASON! Weather
permitting, we will be at the Washington Blvd. site from April 6 through
the fall.

The schedule for youth fighter practices for the next month is:

Mar. 29 - Practice at the Donnan Party event in Wheeling, WV
Mar. 30 - Practice at the ECS
April 6 - First outdoor practice at Washington Blvd, ECS as backup in case
 of bad weather
April 13 - Practice at the Regional Archery Muster at Byron & Ariella's
castle in Wexford

I hope to see you on Saturday, Sunday, or both!

Arianna