[SCA-BMDL] NO YOUTH FIGHTER PRACTICE THIS WEEKEND

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 09:50:24 EDT 2014

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Youth Fighting is CANCELED for this Sunday as I will be out of town at the
Festival of the Passing of the Ice Dragon in the Rhydderich Hael (Buffalo,
NY). The first Youth Tourney of the year is being held there. I highly
recommend Ice Dragon as a fun event - lots of things to see and do, and the
site is an armory that looks like a giant castle! More info here:
http://ice-dragon.info/

The schedule for youth fighter practices for the next month is:

Mar. 23 - NO PRACTICE, I will be at Ice Dragon in Rhydderich Hael
Mar. 29 (Saturday) - Youth fighting at the Donnan Party event in
Ballachlagan (Wheeling, WV)
Mar. 30 - Practice at the ECS
April 6 - First outdoor practice at Washington Blvd, ECS as backup in case
 of bad weather
April 13 - Youth combat at the Regional Archery Muster at Sir Byron and Sir
Ariella's castle in Wexford
April 20 - NO PRACTICE, Easter Sunday

As noted above, I will be running youth fighting at the Donnan Party event
in Ballachlagan on March 29. This will be a special session aimed at giving
new youth fighters in Ballachlagan (who I'm told are mostly D1s) an
opportunity to try combat. Any BMDL youth fighters who can attend and are
willing to help teach newer kids would be very much appreciated, especially
authorized D1s. We're tentatively planning to begin around 1pm.

We expect to move back outdoors the first weekend in April, to our
traditional summer practice site at the corner of Washington Blvd. and
Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End of Pittsburgh. THL Rosalia has said
the ECS can be available for fighting and fencing practices as a backup in
case of bad weather.

Enjoy the weekend off, and I'll see you the following weekend!

Arianna