[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 13:31:28 EST 2014

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Last Sunday we were sad to be snowed out again, but THIS Sunday the
forecast predicts a high of 43, so we'll be able to get back to youth
fighting!

REMINDER: THIS WEEKEND DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS ON SUNDAY AT 2:00 AM!
Turn your clocks an hour forward so you're not late to practice!

All that said, Debatable Lands Youth Fighter practice continues this Sunday
from 2:00 to 5:00 pm at the Environmental Charter School (ECS) near Frick
Park in the East End, at 829 Milton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15218. Enter through
the front door of the building, on Henrietta St. Map here:
http://goo.gl/maps/8SjJQ

I will have the usual loaner gear and snacks. Please bring a water bottle.

The schedule for youth fighter practices for the next month is:

Mar. 9 - Practice at the ECS
Mar 16 - Practice at the ECS
Mar. 23 - NO PRACTICE, I will be at Ice Dragon in Rhydderich Hael
Mar. 30 - Practice at the ECS

FYI, there will be a Youth Combat Tournament at Ice Dragon on March 23 in
the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael (Buffalo, NY). For those inclined to
travel, this is the biggest indoor event in the Kingdom, usually attracting
600-800 people, and it's jam-packed with things to do in addition to youth
fighting - a huge A&S pentathlon, adult fighting and fencing tourneys, tons
of merchants, entertainment, and just generally lots of fun. More info
here: http://aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=890

Looking ahead, we expect to move back outdoors in April (which means this
winter is going to END REAL SOON NOW, RIGHT?) to our traditional summer
practice site at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd.
in the East End.

I hope to see you on Sunday!

Arianna