[SCA-BMDL] A Kingdom for a Stage, Thank yous

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 17 08:50:48 EST 2014

Unto one and all does Baron Liam MacantSaoir send warm greetings on a cold day!

I am writing this missive to thank all who attended A Kingdom for a Stage this weekend, I hope that you all enjoyed yourself for a day of magnificent performances. Most importantly I would like to thank the people who made the event possible.

To Their Majesties Timothy and Gabrielle, Thank you for your dedication to this event by holding your Bardic Championship at the event and taking in so much of the event. It was a very busy day for you both and I am glad you enjoyed yourself.

For the Trollner staff:
Head Trollner: THL Margery Kent of York
Master Alaric, Lady Hara, Lady Elizabeth, Lord David and anyone else I may have missed, the populace kept you busy at the table until nearly 4 pm, thanks for your hard work!

For the Kitchen Staff:
Feastocrat: Mistress Odriana vander Brugghe
There were so many people working in that kitchen that I lost track of all of your names. I am sure that Mistress Odriana will be sending out a list very soon! Also for feeding more than 160 people on a budget for 100 people at lunch!

For the teachers:
Hersir Torvaldr, Mistress Arianna, THL Orlando and Lady Bugga.
I have heard great things about your classes and round table discussions, I just wish I could have sat for any of them. Maybe next time.

For our Dancemaster, Sionn the Lost and all that helped him teach dance that day. (and pull people in that have never danced before, or at least not much Including myself, Sir Thorgrim and Count Andreas) It was great to see so many people dancing and learning dance.

For Her Excellency Constance who set aside a place for artists that don't necessarily do Bardic to work on Arts and Sciences. Also for keeping me sane through the process.

For I Genesii and the Debatable Choir for preparing special performances for the event and entertaining the crowds that gathered.

For everyone that helped lift, move, carry and schlep items throughout the day, your good work did not go unnoticed.

For the amazingly talented bards of Aethelmearc, 17 of whom took part in the Kingdom Bardic Championship. Your talents made for a glorious day, Let us all carry a candle to the rest of the Kingdom and reinvigorate bardic throughout!

Finally, for St, Caffeine who made my entire event possible. Who new you could run an entire event on 2 hours of sleep!

In service to the best Kingdom in the Known World,

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus