[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: Parking lot at outdoor practice site

Sir Koredono koredono at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:41:30 EDT 2014

Good day all

As any of you who have gone to our outdoor site on Washington Blvd
know, the entrance off the street into the parking lot is awful -
giant potholes, ruts, and the like - which in addition to the potholes
themselves, also often require anyone entering or leaving the lot to
go very slowly, causing additional potential traffic hazards on
Washington Blvd itself.

I've spoken with a few folks from work who have connections with
Public Works to see who we could contact about getting that taken care
of, before serious damage is done to someone's car or someone gets
hurt, and the answer given to me was to not call Public Works
directly, but call the Mayor's 311 Hotline; doing so will have several
effects:
- It will let them know that there's a problem (they may not really be
aware of it, unless we tell them);
- The more calls they receive about it will increase the likelihood
that they'll respond to the problem sooner;
- It will be documented that a call was made about it (if they give
you a call reference #, get it and write it down), which *may* (my
source believed this to be true, but was not *certain*) make the city
liable for any damage done to your car or person if an incident occurs
before they repair the site.

When you call, make sure to tell them as precisely as possible where
it is (on Washington Blvd, between Butler St. and Highland Drive,
close to Butler Street).

I'm not sure whether anyone can call in, or if it's just city
residents, but I urge you all to try; the more calls we make, the
higher on their radar it will be, so the sooner it will get fixed.

In Service,

Magariki Katsuichi no Koredono, KSCA
曲水 勝一 の 兵殿