[SCA-BMDL] OT: holocaust exhibit vol help needed

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 13:45:00 EDT 2014

Sorry for the OT post, but I thought this might interest some folks.

I'm involved with a group at TechShop that has taken on a project at the
Warhol Museum:

"It is a representation of 6 million pennies which represents the 6 million
Jews who were lost during the Holocaust.

It will consist of encasing four 20inch pillars with “penny boxes” 12 ½
feet high. Each pillar will have 600 boxes around it for a total of 2,400
boxes."

Penny boxes are small simple cardboard boxes, appx 3 inches square on the
end, and 10 inches long. They will be stacked like bricks.

The warhol & the group sponsoring the project (we are just the
builder/designers) were supposed to provide us with a group of volunteers
from their ranks to build the installation. They have come up short of the
numbers needed, and we find ourselves worried that we will be able to
complete the project.

The build is scheduled for friday morning at 10, and we have 6 hours to
build the installation. We need people to fold boxes and tape them
together, as well as help stack them. If you would like to come help, we
would be very thankful for your assistance. You don't have to stay the
entire 6 hours.

Please contact me personally at rufinasca at gmail.com for details , or with
questions, or if you want to come help.

Thank you!