[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Champion Tourney this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 12:16:41 EDT 2013

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

There is no youth fighter practice this Sunday. Instead, this Sunday is the Baronial Champions and Pot Luck picnic event at the Cabin in North Park, where the Baronial Youth Champion Tourney will be held. For more info on this event, go to http://www.aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=885 The site is at the corner of Babcock Blvd, and Ingomar Rd. in McCandless. Bring a dish to pass and a chair or blanket to sit on.

NOTICE: Their Excellencies have decided that ALL Youth Fighters who attend are eligible for the championship, regardless of their residence. The Baron and Baroness are looking for a great competition, which is why they are opening it up to youth fighters from outside the Barony.

You must be an authorized youth fighter to compete in this tournament. I am willing to run authorizations on the day of the event, but you must know the rules and demonstrate that you can follow them and fight safely. I will have loaner armor and weapons available.

Weapons inspections begin at 1:30, the tourney will start at 2:00 pm.

Expectations for Youth Fighters:

1) Represent the spirit of chivalry in your fighting and to the youth fighting community.
2) Must live within the borders of the Barony Marche and Canton of Steltonwald. THIS RULE HAS BEEN DROPPED PER THE BARON AND BARONESS.
3) You will be an example and challenge the youth fighters of the barony.
4) When available join us in baronial court.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule going forward is as follows:

Sept. 8 (Sunday) - Baronial Champions' Tourney and pot luck picnic with Baronial Youth Combat Champion's Tourney, at the Cabin in North Park

September 15 - NO PRACTICE, marshal will be out of town
September 22 - Practice at Washington Blvd.
September 29 - Practice at Washington Blvd.

I hope to see you in North Park on Sunday!

Arianna