[SCA-BMDL] Heavy Practice This Sunday!!

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 15 10:01:43 EST 2013

Greetings Heavy Fighters;
This Sunday we move to our winter site at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church
 (8711 Old Perry Hwy, Pittsburgh, PA 15237). Not surprisingly, it will
be 66 degrees that day, thought there is a good chance of rain. If the
weather holds we will fight in the lower parking lot.

This week will be our monthly tournament, This month will be the Viking Holmgang (http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/holmgang.shtml ). There will be a prize for the winner of the tourney, and bragging rights until December's tourney.

Here are our rules:
1) Sword and shield are allowed as well as any weapons shorter than 6 feet in length.

2) Both fighters will enter a 12 x 12 square (since we don't have the cloaks mentioned in the article).

3) After lay on is called, fighters can fight and try to push their opponent out of the square.

4) You are considered dead if you die in the normal fashion, or are pushed from the square.

5) Fighters will get 1 point per win, Zero points for a loss.

Thank you to Count Isenwulf for running practice last weekend!!

We will see you on Sunday!!

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Knight Marshal - Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands

Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus