[SCA-BMDL] War Practice Saturday, NO YOUTH FIGHTER PRACTICE THIS SUNDAY

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 21:20:49 EDT 2013

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

There is no youth fighter practice this weekend. Instead, I urge you all to attendAEthelmearc War Practice on Saturday, May 18 and compete in the AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Champion tourney! Youth fighting begins at 9:30 am Saturday morning with inspections, followed by the tourney at 10:00. Tourney format will depend on the number of fighters; most likely is multiple double elimination fights in each of the three weapons forms: sword and shield, great weapon, and two-sword. Melees will include a team Capture the Flag battle with BOATS! More information is available here: http://www.steltonwald.org/warpractice/fighting.shtml

The following weekend, on Sunday, May 26, we will have the May Barony meeting. I will be holding a Youth Combat Weapons Proficiency Tourney - that means you must fight each opponent with at least three weapons forms. The winner will receive a batch of homemade brownies and much glory!

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

May 19 - NO PRACTICE, go to War Practice at Cooper's Lake on Saturday for the Kingdom Youth Champion tournament!

May 26 - Practice at Washington Blvd. park, with Barony meeting and Weapons Proficiency Tourney!
June 2 - Practice at Washington Blvd. park
June 8 - Practice at Washington Blvd. park

I hope to see you all this Sunday!

Arianna