[SCA-BMDL] CANCELLED: No BMDL Youth Combat Practice this weekend

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 15:17:48 EDT 2013

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Looking at the weather forecast for this weekend, I must regretfully cancel youth fighter practice. 38 is the predicted high and I think that's just too cold for fighting outdoors. None of our indoor sites is available this weekend.

Practice will resume next Sunday, March 24th. It will be the last practice indoors at the Chinese Church before we move outdoors for real.

In the mean time, I suggest our youth fighters use this weekend to work on their Arts & Sciences entries for the youth competition at the Iron Comet Challenge on April 13th! You must enter the A&S portion of the event to qualify to be the youth Iron Comet Champion. Sing a song, write a poem, paint some artwork, sew a tunic, spin some yarn, carve some wood, make some armor - the possibilities are endless! More information here: http://debatablelands.org/events/iron_comet/

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

March 17 - Practice CANCELLED

March 24 - Practice at the Chinese Church
March 31 - No practice, Easter Sunday
April 7 - practice outdoors at Washington Blvd.
April 14 - No Practice, instead go to the Iron Comet Challenge on Saturday, or the Regional Archery Muster on Sunday!

Enjoy your Sunday off, and we'll see you all next weekend!

Arianna