[SCA-BMDL] Something Fun - Community Service

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:19:36 EST 2013

Greetings!
We received an email from Jean Armany, the activity coordinator at Grace Manor at North Park, a personal care home in the North Hills. She's looking for someone who's familiar with the Renaissance (or Medieval) period who would be willing to come in and speak to their residents (in garb, if possible) about our period. She mentions that the peaceful arts (embroidery, calligraphy, needlework, costuming) would be interesting, but I think she would welcome any aspect of our period.
She's looking for someone to do a talk in the first week of February. This is not a demo, but it is a wonderful opportunity to spread some knowledge to some awesome people. Here's part of what she had to say:
"Grace Manor is located at 9565 Babcock Blvd, just outside of North Park and not far from North Hills Passavant Hospital and McKnight Road.  Our residents range in age from 75-90+, and are very appreciative of community members sharing of their knowledge and interests.... Our residents would enjoy meeting you, hearing about the history, and, if possible, seeing you in costume and also some of your work."
This is a fantastic opportunity to try our that beginner class you've been wanting to teach at Pennsic, or dust off one of your tried-and-true classes! Or just go and talk about period stuff. Please let me know if you're interested.
~Hilda, Seneschale