[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Twelfth Night Approaches!

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 11:13:15 EST 2013

Greetings all --

This is a reminder to all attending the festivities of Twelfth Night -- we are in a new location this year! Please meet us at the Rose Barn for a wonderful day!

Baronial Twelfth Night
Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fun and festivity abounds at the Twelfth Night Celebration for the
Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands! Please note that this year’s
location is different from that of previous years, and thus the
directions have changed also.

Details
Location: NOW at the Rose Barn in North Park, (no street number) Pearce Mill Road, Allison Park, PA 15101When: on Saturday, January 12, 2013, site opens at 10 AM and closes at 10 PM.Remember that this is a FREE event — everyone is invited, there is
no charge at the door and no non-member surcharge! No reservations are
required, and non-SCA friends are especially encouraged!No garb? No problem! Just email goldkey at debatablelands.org to borrow garb for your guests!You’ll want to bring a chair or stool so that you can be comfortable
 for the Bardic Competition, the Gift Exchange, the Silent Auction, the
Court of Misrule, the Debatable Choir, and the Baronial Court — there
are no chairs upstairs, although there are picnic tables downstairs.

Comestibles
Bring your feast gear! For even though there will be no feast because
 this is a free event, each person should bring a dish to share for the
Potluck. Any type of edible or drinkable is welcome and there are
outlets for crockpots and lots of counterspace. Be sure to mark your
dishes and serving utensils with your name, otherwise you will see your
items in next year’s Silent Auction!

Check the list of dishes and list your own dish on the event's potluck page.

Bring your potent potables — adult beverages are welcome at our Celebration!

Competitions

The Baronial A&S Champion will be chosen, in a competition run by our current A&S champion, Doña Sasha Gray.

So also will the Baron’s Bardic Champion be chosen, in a competition
run by our current Bardic champion, Lady Bugga of the Debatable Lands.

Back again this year, the exciting and delicious Cookie Baking
Competition! Any person may enter cookies of any type — square or round,
 pressed or filled, tall or short, period or mundane or all of the
above. Competitors are requested to bring a plate of cookies for the
judges and an additional plate to share with the populace.

Activities

Recycle your unwanted goods by contributing to the Silent Auction of
Desirable Items! Everything is welcome — toys, household goods, camp
gear, extra fabric, unused craft items, whatever you have.

Bid early and bid often to win your treasure in the Silent Auction of
 Desirable Items.Anyone wishing to win will write in a bid, and the
highest one wins BUT you must pick up your item at 2:30 PM or lose it to
 the next highest bidder!

Visit the merchants’ tables and start your Pennsic shopping early!

Admire the artistry and workmanship of the entries in the A&S Competition.

Nibble on the entries in the Cookie Competition and vote for your favorite as the Populace Choice!

Share your bounty with the less fortunate by bringing a
non-perishable food item for the Baroness’ Collection for the North
Hills Food Bank. Please note also that any *unopened* purchased food
items remaining at the end of the Potluck will go to the Food Bank too.

Polish your performance skills and enter the Baron’s Bardic Competition, or just relax and be entertained!

Join in the Gift Exchange by bringing a wrapped gift valued under
$20. Kids and adults are welcome, but if your gift is particularly
adult, please mark it appropriately!

Let ’em eat cake — because that is how we’ll find the King and Queen of Misrule to preside over the Court of Fools!

Snack, nosh, and munch your way through the Potluck Feast, which will
 run all day and into the evening for your nibbling pleasure.

Enjoy the heavenly sounds of the Debatable Choir, which will entertain us all with a concert before Court.

Swing into the seasonal spirit at the Twelfth Night Ball and dance into the night to the music of our own Debatable Consort.
Questions? Comments?

The autocrat is Elss of Augsburg; direct all inquiries to her at elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com or to Rocky Hayeslip, 221 Pine Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 or by cell at 724.759.3333.