[SCA-BMDL] Siege of Harlech Thank yous

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Wed Aug 28 21:40:47 EDT 2013

We wish thank the following gentles who staffed the Siege of Harlech III event this last Saturday in the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands:

Mistress Illadore de Bedegrayne, Feast Cook
Dame Margaret Makafee, Lunch Cook
Sir Bear the Wallsbane, Marshal in Charge
Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope (most recent Jewel of Aethelmearc) and Sir Thorgrim Skullsplitter, Youth Marshals
Lady Melodia Beaupel and THL Elss of Augsburg, Thrown Weapons Marshals
Lady Katherine Sinclaire, Mistress of the Lists
Master Alaric MacConnal, Reservations Clerk
THL Margery Kent of York, Head Tollner
Countess Alexandra of Clan Donald, Royalty Liason
Master Emrys Eustace (Broom), Parking Marshal
Mistress Ts’vee’a Bas Tsipora, Mistress of the Pilgrimage Shrine
Lady Jocelyn of Tyburn, Head Cleanup
Joshua of the Debatable Lands, Groundsmaster (digger, bench builder, Garden assembly, weedwhacker)

     All these good Gentles worked all day (and many the days before) to make the event a success.  We had 260 people check in at Troll, including Their Sylvan Majesties, Their Excellencies of the Debatable Lands, Their Highnesses of the Midrealm and Their Highnesses of Ealdormere.  Thanks to those musicians and Mistress Felice from the Midrealm who provided music and dancing in the Great Hall all afternoon.  Thanks to Sir Aengus and Mistress Yvianne who set up Mistress Odrianna’s Vigil and then cleaned it up, as well as Mistress Judith who provided a Vigil buffet.
     We were unable to record all those who helped our Staff above, and will let those organizing a crew make sure all who helped are thanked, if possible.  We do know that Elss, Melodia, Alastar, Rufina, Filip and Owen were helping with lunch the night before the event.  A wonderful lady (who’s name we would love to know) and Rufina’s cousin (who was at her first SCA event and says she’ll be back for more) served High Table for feast.  Lina in Danska helped with dishwashing and cleanup until the end. Ceindrech helped Youth Marshal and two Tuchux wenches (we believe one was Bagheera) were enthusiatic water bearers for the heavy fighters.   And Hagar the Blushing came early to help set up.
The event never could have happened without the efforts of all above and the many gentles who helped quietly when they saw a need.  Thank you again for your dedication, energy, and generosity!

Yours In Service,
Byron and Ariella