[SCA-BMDL] Semi-OT: Sewing machine for sale

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 23:29:57 EDT 2013

Greetings Debatable Landers,

I have an 8-year-old Viking Scandanavia 100 sewing machine that I am looking to sell. It needs an adjustment, probably about $40 at Thornton's, but is otherwise in good condition. It was last oiled and conditioned in February. The machine cost me $500 new in in 1995; I'm asking $75 OBO.

Full disclosure: I'm getting rid of it because it is no longer able to handle sewing canvas tents. Whenever I sew through multiple layers of canvas, the needle gets out of alignment, causing it to break needles on the presser foot if I sew zigzag stitches wider than 3. As long as I don't try to sew through heavy canvas, it works fine. So if you don't plan to sew canvas tents or other really heavy cloth, it should work for you. It has all its feet and a bunch of bobbins, as well as the instruction manual.

Please reply privately, off-list.

Arianna