[SCA-BMDL] LORDS (AND LADIES) OF THE DANCE

Loujaue McPherson loujaue at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 22:25:52 EDT 2012

LORDS (AND LADIES) OF THE DANCE

The 3 competitive dances will be taught throughout the day so everyone has
a chance to learn them

A ball prep class (to teach the dances to be done at the ball) will be
taught from 3-5p.  Anyone can ask Arlee or me to teach the ball dances
anytime during the day, if we are available

The dance competition will begin after all other activities have been
completed

Dance partners from the attending populace for the competitors may be
needed and would be appreciated

The dance competition will be judged by all Gentles attending the
competition by acclaim (applause meter)

There will be a ball immediately following the dance competition,
consisting of 3-4 sets of 5 dances each (nothing I’ve seen has said there
will be a ball in addition to the dancing competition)

Several members of the debatable consort will provide live music for both
the dance competition and the ball

For those of you who want to prepare beforehand for the competition/ball,
here is the set list our musicians will play:

Competition dances: war bransle, black almain and amorosa

The ball:

Set 1, black almain, black nag, new boe peep, rufty tufty, picking of sticks

Set 2, war bransle, official bransle, washerwoman's bransle, charlotte
bransle, maltese (SCA) bransle

Set 3, amorosa, petite riens, anello, lauro, gracca amorosa

Set 4 (optional), sellenger's round, hyde park, ly bens distonys (long
version), gathering peascods, rostiboli giosoa