[SCA-BMDL] Harvest Revel and Barony Meeting this Sunday!

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:05:24 EST 2012

Reminder!
November is the Barony Meeting you've been waiting for! Join us once again for our annual Harvest Revel! We'll again be enjoying the hospitality of Baron Byron and Baroness Ariella as they open their castle home to our revels. When? Sunday, November 11th, starting at 11amWhere? The Castle in Wexford - 755 Stonegate Dr, Wexford, PA 15090 (Please park diagonally at the curb, like at events there.)Martial activities include Archery practice and Thrown Weapons practice beginning at 11am, followed by Heavy Weapons and Youth Combat at 2pm. Rapier practice will not be held (KWAR that weekend). Other activities include the ever-popular Pumpkin Parapet Toss! Bring a pumpkin, watch it splat! (No rotten ones, cuz...ew.) Barony Meeting announcements will be around 1:45pm in the main hall, right after the choir.

New this year! The Debatable Choir will be presenting a FULL performance in the main hall at 1:30pm! You won't want to miss it! After the choir's concert, we'll announce the pie contest winners.
What's that? Did I say... PIE CONTEST??

What is the Harvest Revel without the annual Pie Contest? A pie-less revel, that's what! And who wants that? Not I! By the very special request of His Excellency of the Debatable Lands, Baron Liam, the categories for the Pie contest are: 1. Sweet, 2. Savory, and 3. Period Recipe.
The entrant picks the category their pie fits into when they get there, and the populace decides the winner (ties broken by the judges) by token vote. Everyone who wants to eat pie gets three tokens, and you pick your favorite in each category, then put your token in that pie's cup, one for each category. Keep in mind that the "rules" are quite..ahem...lax... when it comes to exactly what qualifies as a pie. There will be a winner in each category, and they will win... GLORY!! Also, maybe a little something something else. Have fun, folks! Pie Contest starts at Noon, winners announced around 3-3:30ish pm.

And in that spirit, I officially present to you the super-special-bonus-Hilda-category for the pie contest: QUANTITY. That's right, enter your pie into one of the three regular categories, and it's automatically entered to win the special category of QUANTITY. What does that mean? I'm not really sure...what can you come up with? Interpret away! There will be a special surprise for the winner of QUANTITY...a special surprise, indeed... hee hee hee.

Note that this meeting is garb-free, unless you feel like it. Also, the Steelers game does not conflict. I look forward to seeing you all at Barony Meeting Sunday!
In Levitate et Caritate,~Hilda, Seneschale