[SCA-BMDL] War Practice

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 11:19:34 EDT 2012

Unto the good populace of the Debatable Lands do Liam and Constance send greetings:

What a wonderful War Practice this weekend, Her Excellency and I want to thank the staff for all the hard work they put in to such a grand event.

As you may of heard, we met Viscount Bear the Wallsbane on the field prior to the start of the Saturday's battles with our allies from around the kingdom and Black Talon (Professional Soldiers for hire, many of whom live within Barony). Viscount Bear and his allies put up a good fight, but the Right and True power given by the Crown of Aethelmearc won out! Viscount Bear will never again test the strength of this Barony!

We would like to give a big Vivat to our very own Eiiden Abdul Salam ibn Sala who handed off the Kingdom Youth Championship to three new youth champions including our very own Lord Robert who is also one of our current Youth Archery Champions.

We had large numbers of Fencers, Heavy Fighter, Archers, Youth Fighters and Throwers take the field, including some newly authorized Siege Engineers! We are very proud of the numbers that the BMDL is putting on the field in all aspects and our goal is 150 soldiers for the Army of Aethelmearc for Pennsic this year.

Next we come to Arts and Sciences! Our Arts and Sciences Champion Dona Sasha Grey showed that her skill was the best in the kingdom among the seven baronies and became the new 7 Pearls Arts and Sciences Champion. We also picked our first Brewing Champion which is Hrökr of Black Talon, who not only won the Brewing Championship, but also the Populace Choice for his Traditional Mead. We would also like to thank all of the artisan's that took part in Artisan's Playtime and for their service teaching classes at War Practice.

Finally, We were very happy to see THL Urho receive his writ for elevation to the Order of the Pelican. Urho has been an example of service and comportment in the Barony and the Kingdom for a very long time and we greatly look forward to his vigil and elevation.

There is little rest this week however, Queen's Rapier and Barony Birthday are this Saturday and we look forward to seeing all of you there.

With pride in our Barony and Canton,

Liam and Constance