[SCA-BMDL] Seige Authorizations at July 22nd Fighter Practice

Ashley Capps gorditagatita at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 23:37:37 EDT 2012

Greetings,

Last week at the muster we authorized three fighters in siege. Several others had expressed interest in also authorizing in siege. We will have at least two siege marshals present at the July 22nd practice and an engine available to authorize on. It is likely that the
authorization will happen towards the end of practice. Sir Magnus and
Baron Shiro will be your authorizing marshals.

If you are one of the four fighters who talked to me at practice last week or are seriously interested in authorizing, please have read the Siege Handbook and be prepared to answer questions from it. The following link takes you to the Society Siege webpage that has the .pdf files of both the handbook (2006) and the update (2008). http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/

To authorize, you will need to be in full armor (SCA Combat Archery Minimum). If this is your first authorization in Heavy Weapons, you will be asked to demonstrate that you know how to yield and "die" safely.  Information about armor requirements, legal target areas, and the rules of engagement can be found here: http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/docs/marshal_handbook.pdf

Study up and good luck!
Rosalia