[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday with FREEZER POPS

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 13:56:33 EDT 2012

To all BMDL youth fighters and their parents, greetings!

Twomore practices between now and Pennsic! This weekend I will be out of town; thanks to THL Zoe for agreeing to run practice for me. I will be back next weekend.

CLARIFICATION/CORRECTION ON PENNSIC RULES

I spoke to the Marshal in Charge of Youth Combat Pennsic, Lord Bran ap Rees, via email about some of the YC rules for Pennsic. Here are some clarifications to what I posted last week.

- D1 RATTAN - Rattan WILL be acceptable for D1. However, Bran would like to see all D1 rattan weapons, especially polearms and great swords, to verify that they are not too large or heavy for the youth fighter.

- D1s will not fight from their knees or with the off hand. THIS MEANS that for D1 fighters, ANY blow is considered a killing blow, even if it's to an arm or leg.

Don't forget to line up your adult heavy weapons partner for the AEthelmearc Tag Team Youth/Adult Tourney! It's being held  from 11-3 on Wednesday, August 8 in the red list on the main battlefield.

If you need loaner gear for Pennsic, please let me know NOW. I cannot transport all of the loaner gear to Pennsic, so you'll need to pick it up at the practice on July 22nd.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

July 15 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.

July 22 - LAST PRACTICE BEFORE PENNSIC! at Washington Blvd.

July 28, August 5, and August 12 -  Pennsic, NO practices!

August 19 - the first practice after Pennsic at Washington Blvd.
August 26 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.

Have fun on Sunday!

Arianna