[SCA-BMDL] OT - Futon for sale and a small request

Carrie Carlson toxophiliayla at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:12:19 EDT 2012

Greetings everyone!

   I have to admit that I feel it a bit presumptuous of me to do this,
given my relative 'inactivity' within the local group here, but I wanted to
give this a try anyway.  I will be moving, very, very soon, and I need a
little bit of help with a couple of things:

--> First on the list is that I am trying to get rid of a perfectly good,
darkwood and metal-framed futon.  I honestly wish I could keep it, but
there just isn't going to be room for it where I'm going and there is no
storage space available.  Everything is in perfectly good condition.  No
scratches or damage of any kind.  The mattress is a little 'thinned' in
places, and the cover could probably stand to be washed, but otherwise
there is honestly absolutely nothing wrong with it. The only 'catch' is
that you would need to come get it yourself, as I have no car.

This thing absolutely has to go within the next two weeks.  If anyone is
interested in buying it, I would like to offer it for $100, or the best
offer.  I don't have a good picture of it, but this is exactly what it
looks like:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Mission-Wood-Arm-Futon-Walnut/10794469

I will likely also try posting this to Craigslist or something similar, but
I wanted to see if anyone here has an interest in it first.  I'm always
glad to see things go to people I more or less know.  If you are
interested, please let me know as soon as possible so that we can arrange a
time for you to come get it.

--> Second on the list is if anyone who lives in Pittsburgh might be
willing to take a little time some afternoon around (but not before) the
15th to take me and a load of stuff over to the new address.  This would be
no more than a few miles' drive and would NOT mean moving everything.  It
would also not involve anything 'serious', like furniture (unless you're
feeling really ambitious), and can be kept as light as desired.  I do have
people coming up from elsewhere to help with the actual move, but it would
be an enormous aid to all of us if I am able to get at least a few things
transferred beforehand.

I understand that most of you live further out, and that this would mean
going significantly out of your way, so please don't feel obligated.  If
anyone thinks they might be somewhere in the Oakland area around the 15th
with a bit of time to spare, I'd really appreciate the help!

--> If the person who wants to buy my futon would also be willing to do
this for me, I would gladly offer to reduce the price of the futon in
return.

Many thanks in advance, and do let me know as soon as possible if you might
be interested!

Yours in service,

    - Ayla von Dahauua (a.k.a. Carrie)