[SCA-BMDL] Harvest Revel Barony Meeting - Nov 6th - with Pumpkins and PIE!

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 29 10:33:01 EDT 2011

Hello Debatable Lands!

Join us on Sunday, November 6th, for our annual Harvest Revel Barony
Meeting! Come on down to Byron and Ariella’s Castle (755 Stonegate Dr,
Wexford, PA 15090) for fighting, arching, throwing, pumpkin-flinging,
and PIE!!

 Regular Martial practices will run from 11am – 5pm
(starting and ending at various times – see our Marshals for details).
There will be a short break at 2pm in the Great Hall for Barony Meeting
announcements.

 And sometime
during the afternoon... pumpkin-flinging! Yes, we fling, we toss, we
chuck our pumpkins off of the castle ramparts to the ground below.
Splat! (no rotten ones, because…ew) It is a sight to see!

 In
addition, Baroness Constance will be holding her Baroness' Bower in the
library - a cozy place to spend time with the Baroness and work on
A&S projects, have conversation, snacks, and good fun!

What is a Harvest Revel without PIE!? We'll be hosting our Third Annual
Pie-Baking contest, winners by populace vote.   Contest starts around
noonish and ends around 3ish, or whenever we’re really full. Same rules
as last year, but with new categories: PIE, “pie”, and Pye. Here are the
 rules:

 1. There will be three winners, one for each category. Bring on your best!
 •         PIE – best traditional Harvest Pie. Regular pies with crusts and harvest-style fillings (pumpkin, apple, etc).

 •         “pie” – best non-traditional pie.  Use your imagination! As
long as you can justify your entry as a Harvest “Pie", you can enter it.
 Pumpkin roll? A spatially-challenged pie! Apple bars? Crust-less
mini-pies!
 •         Pye - best Period Pie. Any kind, but it must
be period. You have to name your source on the index card, but full
documentation isn't necessary. Just entering this category wins you
kudos.
 2. Winners will be chosen by popular vote, so bring enough,
or cut it small!  Write the name of the pie, the category, and your name
 on an index card when you enter it. Everyone at the meeting gets three
markers, one for each category. They vote by placing their markers at
their favorite pies.
 3.  In case of a tie, an expert panel of judges will decide the winners.

 4.  Prizes will be bragging rights for an entire year! And the
adulation of the populace! GLORY! (Plus maybe some other goodie I can
drum up.)

 No Officers' Meeting is currently planned.  Doesn’t
conflict with Steelers game. No garb. Contact me if you have
 any questions.

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale