[SCA-BMDL] AGINCOURT Saturday, NO BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 08:25:48 EDT 2011

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

This Saturday is the AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Combat Champion's Tourney at the Agincourt event! NOTE: RATTAN WEAPONS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THIS TOURNAMENT PER HIS MAJESTY. Make sure your PVC weapons and armor are in good shape and I look forward to seeing you there!

Also, the new Society Youth Combat Marshall, Sir Sextus Plinius Callidus, is planning to attend Agincourt and meet with youth marshalls and fighters to discuss our experiences with rattan weapons. If you have youth rattan weapons, please bring them to the event - even though you may not use them in the tourney, we'll want to look at them and talk about construction techniques and future plans for weapons standards.

There will be NO BMDL youth fighting practice this Sunday since just about all of you indicated that you will not be able to attend. Practice will resume on Sunday, Oct. 30.

On November 6, all martial practices are moving to Byron & Ariella's Castle in Wexford. There will also be pumpkin dropping from the battlements and a PIE contest along with Barony meeting. See the announcement on the Baronial website for more details.
I hope to see you all on Saturday!

Arianna