[SCA-BMDL] OT - ISO shovel, tarp, strong helpers

Christine Hutson kris_gilibari at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 14:19:56 EDT 2011

An ex-archaeologist, I'm good at digging up (and by implication, burying) things.  But remember, when burying, try to remove and then replace each layer of soil separately.....people like me identify excavations by looking for places on the clay layer (or other under-layers) where topsoil has been used for fill.  Never do that.  Replace topsoil with topsoil, clay with clay, etc. all the way down (or rather, from the bottom up).  Just a handy hint for getting rid of artifacts so that archaeologists will never catch you ; )

Oh, and if you're not *burying* your tarp-covered objects, just forget I said all of that......it means nothing, nothing at all.......(*clears throat and moves on*).

And I'd be happy to be a strong helper, except that I'm having rotator-cuff issues.....sorry.  I usually love shoveling dirt, snow, etc.

Kris

"If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun."
(Katherine Hepburn)