[SCA-BMDL] Award Medallions

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:58:06 EST 2011

And how does one make these medallions?  Here are some options:

-Paint it on a blank (wood, leather, metal, clay, horn, that plastic-y stuff that looks like clay, etc)
-Work it in fibers (card woven, inkle woven, embroidered).  Here's a neat site from Mistress Alienor: http://alianorderavenglas.wordpress.com/2009/02/23/award-medallions/
-Work it in glass (enameling, use tiny beads for beading onto cloth, or fire it onto a bead). Here's the glass center's website: http://www.pittsburghglasscenter.org/?gclid=CNbSkdnhxKcCFc165QodD2njDw
-Cast it in metal
-Carve it, then paint it (wood, leather, horn)
-More money than time or talent? Buy it from a website or merchant (yinz guys ken Google, right?)
-Re-purpose an old medallion (anyone have a Keystone medallion they never, ever wear, isn't dear, and they aren't saving for someone?)

Not sure how to start? Contact our A&S Minister, Baron Langdon, and he can point you in the right direction. (ansminister at debatablelands.org)
Have fun!

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale