[SCA-BMDL] Washington Blvd driveway and parking lot.

Ruth Morrisson myfanwy at consolidated.net
Mon Mar 7 23:40:31 EST 2011

Greetings from Myfanwy!
Here's a related note: I heard an interesting thing on the radio today, on KQV.
Every so often they do live interviews with various people and this afternoon
they talked to some CMU professor about a project where you can take a cell
phone photo of potholes you see in the city and then upload it to a website
(sorry -- I didn't catch the URL).  The GPS in your phone transmit the pothole
co-ordinates to Google Maps and shows the pothole as a red dot on the map,
then (after the City has gotten them filled) the dots are changed to green ones.
The interviewee was a Professor of Economics (?) and Policy Management.  The
idea for the project came from a graduate exchange student from Chile
(apparently, in her country they have contests every year for Biggest Pothole!)
and then other people did the coding for the website.
If you Google "pothole project" you can find articles that were in the _Pittsburgh
Tribune-Review_ and in the _Post-Gazette_.  The project is called "Rodas" (for
Road Damage Assessment System) and it's apparently done through a Facebook
account.