[SCA-BMDL] Reminder: Ice Cream Social Thursday (6/23) 7:30pm

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:15:24 EDT 2011

It's June already, where does the time go? It's high
event/melee/tourney/Pennsic prep season, busy busy busy! Wouldn't it be
nice just to relax, have some ice cream, and chat with your friends in
person? We thought so, too.  So the BMDL is having an Ice Cream Social!

When: Thursday, June 23rd

Time: 7:30pm-9:30pm

Where: CMU campus, University Center, Rangos Ballroom 3 (2nd Floor)

Notes: No garb. Parking is close and free! (see below for parking details/directions)

We have a good number of newcomers, and folks that have only been
around for a year or two, and it's about time we come out and say "hi"
to each other. Lady Anna Leigh and the Officers would like to
specifically invite all newcomers and the relatively newer people to
come on down and meet some new (well, older) faces, and vice versa.
We're going to have a couple of "Table Talks", too! Basically,
 a table set to the side of the main socializing for people who might
like a directed roundtable discussion. Depending on the interest of
those attending, topics might include:

How to assemble your fighting/rapier kitWhat you need to know for your first couple eventsWhat you need to know for your first/second PennsicHow to develop your persona
See you tomorrow evening!

In Levitate et Caritate,
~Hilda, Seneschale

Parking and directions info can be found here: <a
href="http://www.cmu.edu/university-center/directions/index.html">http://www.cmu.edu/university-center/directions/index.html</a>
 .

 The parking garage is free in the evening, but you do need to take a
ticket when you enter. When you go back to your car, you insert the
ticket into the pay machine, and the balance due comes out as $0. The
ticket validates, and you can use it to exit the lot.  Basically like any automatic-pay parking garage, except the Balance Due is $0