[SCA-BMDL] OT: American Heart Association Fundraiser

Robert Smith alaric at pobox.com
Mon Jun 20 22:28:28 EDT 2011

Unto the Archers of the Barony-Marche, greetings from Master Alaric!

Over the past six years I have participated in the annual Heart Walk for
the American Heart Association in order to raise funds to combat heart
disease and stroke.  This year my company is a signature sponsor of
several walks around the country, including the Pittsburgh walk.

Here is the website for the Pittsburgh Heart Walk:
http://www.americanheart.org/pittsburghwalk

With the permission of the Kingdom Exchequer and generosity of The
Honorable Lord Urho for allowing me to hold this fundraiser at archery
practice, I issue the following challenge:

At Baronial Archery Practice, starting this coming Sunday (June 26th)
through the end of September, I challenge all to best my score in a Royal
Round.  I would ask that any who take up the challenge make a $5 donation
to the Heart Association.  I will match that donation and will also donate
an additional $1 for each point scored over my score.  If you choose, you
can also agree to make an additional donation of $1 per point that my
score beats yours.  If you prefer not to shoot a Royal Round, I will
accept other mutually agreeable challenges (I plan to carry several
pirate-themed targets with me, just in case :-).

The main point is to have fun in support of a good cause!  I will have
receipts from the Heart Association, if requested, for any donated amounts.

Over the course of the summer I will be announcing other archery practices
and events where I will be attending and have permission to hold this
fundraiser.  Stay tuned!

Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this fundraiser.

Shoot well and often!

In Service,

Alaric
Master Bowman