[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: Zoo Demo

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 16:47:29 EDT 2011

Greetings once again!

I am *finally* feeling better, and have internet access once again!

The demo at the Pittsburgh Zoo is coming up this weekend, June 18th & 19th.
We still have room for participants and we'd love to see YOU come out and
join us! It doesn't matter if you are from BMDL or not - last year we had
participants from 8 different groups!

The demo runs both days from 11-3, with equipment drop-off starting at 10
am. You don't need to come both days or stay the whole time, whatever you
can manage is fine and will be appreciated.

Admission to the zoo the day of the demo is free - participants in the demo
get 2 free passes to return to the zoo at a later date.

We will be having Heavy Weapons, Fencing, and an A&S display both days. On
Sunday we have youth fighting available, Saturday we are having comedia
performances. Both days we have other special activities planned.

The martial displays are always a crowd favorite, if you fence or fight,
consider coming out and showing off your skills to potential new members.

We ALWAYS need people to sit at the A&S display and talk to passers by (and
watch the items on display.)  You are welcome to come and demonstrate an art
if you would like. If you spin or weave, we have a special fiber area in the
air conditioned room!  If you want to just come and hang out at one of the
activities in garb, please come. It's a fun day!

Please come :)

IF you can't come but would be willing to lend something to the A&S display,
please contact Langdon (langdon_g at excite.com) AND Margaret (
grm at andrew.cmu.edu) to coordinate. We would really like to have a nice
display.

IMPORTANT:

If you plan on attending, PLEASE CONTACT ME directly at
rufinasca at gmail.comto let me know you are coming. I have to hand a
guest list to the zoo to
have at the gate, and I need to have your email so you can receive the final
instructions and directions. The final information will be going out on
Thursday and Friday. If you don't have the final instructions, you may end
up walking the wrong way around the zoo and be all tired out when you get
there (like a certain baron who shall remain nameless ;)

I can be also reached at 412-721-5028 if you have any questions. I don't
care if you wake me up :)

Come join the fun!

Rufina

p.s. please forward this to any group lists where you think people may be
interested