[SCA-BMDL] Pennsic Scheduling Resources

Krista Cogan hildasca at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:15:34 EDT 2011

Greetings! Pennsic draws nigh (yay!) and we who are attending are in deep prepartions now.  I, for one, have been making my schedule of things to do at Pennsic, so I thought I'd share. Below are some resources to help you schedule your Pennsic activities.  Download a neat blank, printable booklet here: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/org/Medieval/pennsicschedule/ (Thanks to Flip).

Debatable Lands Activites:
*Sun, 8/7 - 9am to 9pm - BMDL does gate guard duty at AE Royal.  Contact Her Excellency Ariella to volunteer for a shift (baroness at debatablelands.org)
*Sun, 8/7 - 5pm to 8pm - Debatable Lands Baronial Reception (with food) and Baronial Court - AE Royal Camp (stay for the KnownWorld A&S Reception afterwards)
*Mon, 8/8 - 8pm  - The Debatable Choir's 25th Aniversary Concert - Perfromance Pavilion
*Mon, 8/8 - 9pm - I Genesii performs "The Measure of a Man" - Performance Pavilion
*Wed, 8/10 - noon - BMDL Thrown Weapons Tourney (registration starts at 11am) - TW range
*Also, Their Excellencies need retainers for some functions, please volunteer to their head retainer, Lady Margery (<chatelaine2 at yahoo.com>)

Major Aethelmearc Activities
*Sun, 7/31 - 10am to 4pm or earlier - AE Royal Set Up. The BMDL has a long tradition of helping with this.  Please consider coming.
*Mon, 8/8 - 4pm - 6pm - Aethelmearc Scribes' Tea and Gathering - AE Royal in Scribal Pavilion (Scribal Pavilion also has many scribal classes during Pennsic)
*Mon, 8/8 - 8pm - midnight - Aethelmearc Party - AE Royal.  You could go straight from the Debatable Choir and I Genesii's performances to the party - they are near each other!
*Tues, 8/9 - noon - Aethelmearc Adult/Youth tag team tourney - Battlefield
*Tues, 8/9 - 6pm - 8pm - Aethelmearc Royal Court - Barn
*See below for other activites/meetings to be held at AE Royal. (Bardic circles, officers'/order/special interest meetings, musters, etc)
*Also, Their Majesties (members of our Barony) have need of retainers and guards. Contact Baroness Cecily for retaining (matsujo9 at gmail.com) or Lord Shiro for guarding (shironokaminari at gmail.com).

Pennsic Schedules
*Main/Overall Pennsic War Schedule is here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/GENERAL/schedule.html
*The Battlefield Schedule is here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/MARTIAL/battlesched.html
*The Youth Activities Schedule is here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/GENERAL/youthschedule.html (includes youth fighting)
*The downloadable Class Schedule is here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/AANDS/PENNU/index.html#sched
*Other schedules and descriptions can be found by navigating through the PennsicWar.org Site Directory: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/directory.html
*Opportunities for volunteering are here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn40/GENERAL/volunteers.html

AE Royal Schedule:

Wednesday 3-Aug 8pm-11pm Haakon's Anniversary Bardic Circle
Friday 5-Aug 8pm-11pm Aethelmearc Open Mic Bardic Circle
Saturday 6-Aug 9am-10am Hound Coursing Tea
Saturday 6-Aug 10am-12pm Laurel Meeting
Saturday 6-Aug 1-3pm Pelican Meeting
Saturday 6-Aug 4pm-5pm Seneschal Meeting
Saturday 6-Aug 6pm-10pm Pelican Vigil - Maria Pieknoplotno
Sunday 7-Aug 9:30-10:30am White Scarf Meeting
Sunday 7-Aug 9am-3pm Chamberlain's Bake Sale
Sunday 7-Aug 11am-12:30pm Muster for Opening Ceremonies
Sunday 7-Aug 5-8pm Debatable Lands Baronial Reception
Sunday 7-Aug 8:30-10:30pm Known World Arts & Sciences Reception
Monday 8-Aug 9am-? Muster for Valley Battle
Monday 8-Aug 10am-12pm Exchequer Meeting
Monday 8-Aug 7pm-11pm AEthelmearc Party
Tuesday 9-Aug 9am-? Muster for the Woods Battle
Tuesday 9-Aug 10am-12pm Millrind Meeting
Tuesday 9-Aug 2-3pm AE Chatelaine Meeting
Wednesday 10-Aug 9am-11am Fleur d'AEthelmearc meeting
Wednesday 10-Aug 12-1pm Gage Meeting
Wednesday 10-Aug 1-2pm Chvalry Meeting
Wednesday 10-Aug 3-5:30pm Ladies of the Rose Happy Hour
Wednesday 10-Aug 6:30-11pm Seven Pearls Baronial Dinner
Thursday 11-Aug 9am- Muster for Bridge Battle
Thursday 11-Aug 1-2pm Known World A&S Officers Meeting
Thursday 11-Aug 4-5:30pm Known World Equestrian Meeting
Thursday 11-Aug 8-11pm Chirurgeon Party and Bardic.
Friday 12-Aug 9am-? Muster for Field Battle

In Levitate et Caritate,
Hilda, Seneschale