[SCA-BMDL] Fencing practice announcement for 7/10/11

Wendy Colbert rapierlady at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 09:15:27 EDT 2011

Based of feedback from the discussion on the baronial fencing elist, the new start time for fencing practice will be 11am. Practice will run until 3 pm. The first hour will be the teaching hour, it is a time for new or newer fencers to get lessons, for those interested in teaching to teach and drills and training games for more experienced fencers.
The remainder of practice is open field for practice. If the majority of fencers on the field are so inclined we may do some melee work.

I do not yet have the loaner gear but hope to get it this weekend. There are still things we can teach new fencers even if we do not have the gear.
Individuals interested in trying out fencing should bring well fitting leather gloves.
Any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Irene von Schmetterling
Interim Rapier Marshal, BMDL

Come visit my esty shop StringsNstrands  StringsNstrands.etsy.com
for fiber goodies and handcrafted Montessori materials