[SCA-BMDL] Castle Schola update with Youth guidelines

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Wed Feb 9 09:24:50 EST 2011

Greetings Good Gentles!   We have many wonderful classes for the Castle Schola, coming up in less than a month on March 5th.  We wish to encourage younger SCA members by having youth-appropriate classes throughout the day but want to let parents know in advance how the Youth guidelines (from SCA Parental Policy) will apply to this event:
1) All children 5 and under must be with parent/guardian at all times.
2) All children age 6-12 years should be within your sight or a babysitter's sight. Please tell your child and the babysitter where you will be, if you are going to another class.
3) A few hands-on classes require parents to be with their children, even for ages 13-17, for safety reasons.

 Our Kingdom Youth Minister, Baroness Clarice Roan, is traveling from Delftwood to attend and lend her background-checked supervision to support this model of encouraging youth involvement.  At least three other Barony members also have current purple cards and will help cover this requirement for youth-appropriate classes.
Mistress Genevieve is doing a wonderful job of organizing classes and will have the preliminary schedule posted on the Debatable Lands website (www.debatablelands.org) by next week.  We have several teachers from the Midrealm as well as slide shows and some great classes new to Aethelemearc.
We hope to see you there!
Yours,
Ariella and Byron