[SCA-BMDL] Rapier and Costuming Academy Thanks

Pavel Dudoladov trumpetmaker at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:59:42 EST 2011

Greetings Gentle Populace,

I would like to thank all those who made the Rapier and Costuming Academy a
resounding success.

First the site liaison, Lady Cynewyn AEthelweardesdohter, who maintained
good relations with our hosts the Pittsburgh Chinese Church before, during,
and after the event.

Next the royalty liaison, Baroness Alex, who helped ensure the comfort of
their Majesties and her Highness.

All those who helped with set-up, Sigrith Biornolfsdottir, Master William
de Montegilt, others(including the girls who came with Cynewyn Sara and
Mari?), Master Alaric MacConnal, Mistress Irene von Schmetterling, Duchess
Dorinda Courtenay, and Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope, who together made
light work of preparing the site.

The miracle workers of the kitchen, Master Creador Twinedragon, Lord
Jorundr hinn Rotinn, Lady Elss of Augsburg, Lady Chi-An-Ling, Master
Alastar Scott MacCrummin, THLady Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon, Lady Hara,
Mistress Katja, Mistress Allesandra, Lady Etain, Lord Sionn, Lord AElric,
Marysze, Master William de Montegilt, Asvald, and Lord Robert McEwin of
Thornhill, who kept us sated with delights beyond compare.

Those who helped with keeping the kitchen clean and washing dishes, Hrefna
fruiþkona Þorgrímsdóttir, Don Clewin Kupferhelbelinc, Lady Elss of
Augsburg, THLady Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon, Master William de
Montegilt, Master Alaric MacConnal, Lady Sokurako, Lady Etain, and Lady
Hara.

Those who greeted us and served as troll, Lady Muirgheal inghean
Dubhghaill, Master Alaric MacConnal, and Duchess Dorinda Courtenay.

The teachers who came from near and far to share their knowledge, Mistress
Briony of Chatham, Lady Mariana von Rabenstern, Lady Madeleine de
l’Este, Meisterin Fredeburg von Katzenellenbogen, Mistress Cameron
Fitzrery, Countess Elena l'tailleur, The Hon. Lady Roana d’Evreux, The Hon.
Lord Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie, Maestra Filipia Capriotti, Duke Alen
Elegil, Mistress Milesent Vibert(Baroness Cleftlands), Lady Ruadhri
MacAoidha, Mistress Amaryllis Coleman, Baroness Katja Davidova Orlova
Khazarina, Lady Gabrielle de Winter, Master Ian Muir, Don Christian de
Launey, Sir Stykar Langjar, Don Donnan MacDubhsidhe, Mistress Irene von
Schmetterling, The Hon. Lord Giovanni de Enzinas (Baron Skraeling
Athing), Master Aeron Harper, Lord Will Parris, Baron Eric Grenier de la
Barre, Master Aelfred of Chester.

The class coordinators who gathered this wealth of knowledge into one
location, Mistress Ts'vee'a bas Tseepora Levi, Mistress Irene von
Schmetterling.

All those who helped to return the site to a condition better than we found
it, Lady Cynewyn Aethelweardesdohter, the College of Silva Vulcani, the
College of Cour d'Or, Lord Will Parris, Lady Anna Leigh, Sigrith
Biornolfsdottir, Master William de Montegilt, Baron Shiro, Asvald.

My mentor for this my first autocratting an event, Master Alaric
MacConnell, without whom the event would not have happened.

The Baronial Seneschal, THL Hildarun Hugelman, who is much better at
prodding than I am at listening, and kept the event on course.

Finally, I'd like to thank all those who attended, SCA events cannot happen
if no one comes, classes cannot happen with just a teacher, and a meal is
just food until friends come to share it.  It is in this spirit that I look
forward to spending time with all of you at future events.

In Service,

*-Павел* *(Pavel)
Autocrat*

P.S.  Thanks to all those whose service I did not witness or failed to
recognize, yours' is what keeps the society running and makes it a group of
which I am proud to be a part.