[SCA-BMDL] An appeal to the skilled artists of the Barony Marche

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 19 12:22:12 EDT 2011

Good Friends,

As Our Investiture draws near, and we inventory the fruits of the Baronial Regalia; Constance and myself see a need to reach out to the Artisans of the Barony Marche for Comets of many colors. The industrious Cassandra has long made the belt favors to show off Baronial Awards. She has alas retired from this great work. So we make an appeal to all artisans in the Barony Marche and the Canton to help us by designing new comet favors. Below is a list of the baronial awards and what they are for

Blue/Silver Comet: Arts and Sciences
Red Comet: Martial Prowess or Martial works
Purple Comet: Youth
Gold Comet: Service

Green Comet: Friend of the Barony.

We would like to share a token for each award that we give as well as a scroll. We will also be reaching out in the near future for help in repairing and updating the Baronial Regalia.

For Investiture, We would love to see members of the populace wearing the Baronial Colors, we also understand that Pennsic has just ended and preparing new clothing for the day can be difficult. So Please don't fret if you can not get that black and gold outfit together. Our biggest wish is to see and speak with as many of you as possible to celebrate this day for the Barony.

As an inspiration from where this barony has grown from, We will be displaying the Original Charter of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands at Investiture, and we welcome all members of the populace to take some time to view this important document from our history.

In Service to the Barony Marche and the Kingdom of Aethelmearc,

TH Lord Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
Baron-Elect of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands

In Omnia Paratus