[SCA-BMDL] A Challenge to the BMDL - Ice Dragon 2011

Gail Lefkowitz lefkowitzga at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 28 21:47:53 EDT 2010

I really have no opinion on the quality of a cash prize for getting the highest score from the barony in the Ice Dragon Pent.  Both sides make a good argument.

My concern is that the argument over this will occlude this really generous and creative challenge to the artisans of the Debatable Lands to enter Ice Dragon.  Her Ladyship Odrianna has, in her challenge, offered to: coordinate classes and workshops, make a list of entrants and provide it to the chronicler, provide tokens to entrants and additional tokens to novices, provide a couple of prizes (not just money), AND make cookies for the May barony meeting.

Now, people on this list should feel free to argue all they want. That's fine. But please do not let this amazing offer be hidden behind the arguments.  The real point is that the Ice Dragon Pentathelon is one of the available ways to display your efforts to research and create replicas of period artifacts.  We can all, any of us, at all skill levels, take advantage of it.

Such generosity deserves assistance.  Anyone who wishes to research clothing (for entry into Ice Dragon or otherwise) can contact me with the general location and time period of the outfit, and I'll help find sources. If you want help for the 2011 Ice Dragon, please contact me before the end of the year.  And as always, the sewing circle is open to any who wish to attend.

Ts'vee'a