[SCA-BMDL] Thrown Weapons September 12 in the Debatable Lands

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 19:34:11 EDT 2010

Greetings to all good gentles --

This Sunday, September 12, there will be thrown weapons practice at the Washington Boulevard site in in the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands. For directions, see our webpage at http://www.debatablelands.org/activities/thrown-weapons.html

At Pennsic, three of the Barony's thrown weapons marshals went on a mad spending spree and purchased new axes of several sizes, new replacement handles (), and new knives. All these new weapons will be available as loaner gear, so please come and give them some exercise!!

About a week ago, about eight or nine enthusiastic throwers gathered together and made new targets, which will be available for us to use on Sunday! Many thanks to Alaric, who hosted our workshop and organized us. So, who will be the first to hit the center of each new target?!?

Yesterday, several of us got together and made a dozen spears! More sharp and pointy objects for us to throw! There will be special targets set up and all will be able to try out this new collection of loaner gear!

Finally, in the future: on September 19, starting at 11 AM, we will be having atl atl instruction and practice -- what's an atl atl?? Think GIANT arrow of doom and you will be very close indeed. Anyone even remotely interested in throwing pointy objects should certainly plan on being there!

The invitation to come and play is extended to all who wish to make the journey to Pittsburgh, so please forward this email to any lists as may be interested.

Vivat to the best thrown weapons program in the Knowne World, and many, many thanks to all of those whose hard work and enthusiasm have made it so!

See you Sunday!!
Elss of Augsburg
Thrown Weapons Marshal of the Debatable Lands
Region 2 Deputy Thrown Weapons Marshal