[SCA-BMDL] Thrown Weapons on Sundays in October

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 13:56:16 EDT 2010

Here is the schedule for thrown weapons this month:
October 10th          Regular practice
October 17th          Regular practice
October 24th          Regular practice
October 31st          Halloween Fling Fest!!!
Remember that we have loaner axes, knives, spears and atl-atls on hand, and are always willing to give suggestions on purchasing and caring for your own weapons.
For October, we will be focusing on Royal Rounds for both axes/knives and for spears. BMDL currently owns about 20% of the official Royal Round list, which is here http://thrownweapons.aethelmearc.org/ I will have an up-to-the-minute printed list on Sunday so that everyone can see who has what score.
Practices usually start around 11 AM (SCA time, of course) and continue until they are done or the marshals have to leave, but never any earlier than 1 PM. Please note that these practices are social gatherings as much as martial activities. All are invited to bring a chair, sit and relax, chat, work on a project, or just enjoy the fine weather and the flinging and fighting.
See you on Sundays!
Elss