[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 13:10:00 EDT 2010

Greetings to all youth fighters and their parents!

Join us at the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands Youth Combat  practice this Sunday, October 17th, at  Washington Blvd Park from 1:00 - 4:00 pm. The weather is predicted to be sunny and in the mid-60s.

Reminder: the Debatable Lands' Agincourt event is only one week away, on October 23rd! The Baronial Youth Champion Tournament begins at 1:30 pm in the upper field of the site. You must be an authorized youth fighter to compete in this tournament, so if you're new, we advise you to attend practice this weekend to work on authorizing.

Youth fighters from outside the Debatable Lands are welcome to compete in the tournament at Agincourt, but are not eligible to be chosen as Baronial Youth Champion. There will be a prize for the tournament winner (s), separate from the championship.

Last week's "Capture the Flag" melees were a lot of fun. Come out and give them a try!

As always, remember to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes, and bring a bottle of water. New fighters, we have loaner gear, but appreciate it if you can provide any of your own equipment, especially personal (groin) protection.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

Arianna