[SCA-BMDL] Applications for Baronial Signet

Helen Pinto helen.pinto at comcast.net
Fri Nov 12 23:37:55 EST 2010

>From the Baronial Signet, Greetings.

As the deadline for applications for this post is only a few days off and
none have been received as yet, the new deadline is 30 November.
In case you missed the original announcement, here is the information:

If you are interested in the position, please send a letter to the Baron and
Baroness, the seneschal, and me stating your intention and qualifications
by 30 November (e-mail addresses below). This will allow sufficient time
to choose a successor and make an orderly transfer of the office.

You absolutely do not need to be a calligrapher or illuminator to perform
the duties of this position, since this is basically an administrative job. It
involves receiving assignments from the Baron and Baroness, distributing
them to willing scribes, ensuring scroll delivery, and maintaining records.
Therefore, you will need to be discreet and organized, and have access to
e-mail. The administrative functions of the job take a few hours a month
(less if there is not an event); any time spent on art is up to you.

If you need any additional information to make a decision, you can contact
me directly.

Send your applications to:

baron at debatablelands.org
baroness at debatablelands.org
seneschal at debatablelands.org
signet at debatablelands.org

Additionally, since I would like to turn this job over to my successor with a
completely empty portfolio, anyone who has not received their Comet scroll
should contact me as soon as possible, so this can be taken care of before
Baronial Twelfth Night. (As of tonight, I only know of two items pending.)

-Aidan ni Leir