[SCA-BMDL] Debatable Lands Youth Fighter Practice and Barony Meeting

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 14:37:29 EDT 2010

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

This Sunday the Debatable Lands will be hosting a Barony meeting at the Baron and Baroness' castle at 755 Stonegate Dr. in Wexford. Starting at 11 am, t will include archery, thrown weapons, rapier, heavy weapons and youth combat practices, along with a pie context and pumpkin hurling from the battlements!

Youth Combat practice will begin around 1:30 and end around 3 pm. We'll be ending early so we can have a weapons-making workshop, taught by Eiiden, who makes some really cool black and red D2/D3 weapons. He has a great thrusting tip design, too, so you can be sure your thrusting tips will hold together and not bend over while still being "squishy" enough to be safe and pass inspection. THLady Zoe and I are bringing supplies you can use to make D1 or D2/D3 weapons weapons, but if you can bring a roll of duct tape that would be helpful.

As usual, I will have loaner gear available for any youth who would like to try youth combat.

See you Sunday!

Arianna

P.S. Current weather forecast for Sunday is for partly sunny with a high around 50. Make sure to dress warmly!