[SCA-BMDL] Fundraiser for Master Huon at A&S War Barony meeting

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 10:19:05 EDT 2010

Greetings to the people of the Debatable Lands!

In the past your generosity and kindness have been legendary. This weekend I am calling on the Barony to prove its reputation once again.

As many of you know, Master Huon Daimbridge of Gode Cookys fame, feast autocrat of many fine events over the past 25 years, was hospitalized for three weeks with a serious infection and complications of diabetes. He is still sick even though they sent him home over a week ago.

This week I found out that, although the hospital gave him prescriptions for 17 different medications before releasing him, he has neither health insurance (for which he does not qualify due to several pre-existing conditions) nor the $800 to purchase those prescriptions. As a result, he hasn't filled a single one. He has no antibiotics, no pain medication, or any other medicines to help him in the long road to recovery.

With Huon’s permission, I am holding a fundraiser this Sunday at Barony meeting. We’ll have a box into which you can place donations, and we encourage you to contribute whatever you can.

In addition, one of Master Huon’s apprentices, THL Glynis of the Inn of the Laughing Fox, is donating at least one poster from the new Robin Hood movie starring Russell Crowe. We’ll be raffling off the poster, so bring your cash!

You can also send contributions to Huon directly, by mail to:

James Matterer
1534 Euclid Ave.
Steubenville, OH 43952

This is a private fundraiser, not sponsored by the Barony-Marche or the SCA, though the Baron, Baroness and Baronial Seneschale have graciously given permission for it to be held at Barony meeting.

Thank you in advance for your generosity. I look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Mistress Arianna of Wynthrope