[SCA-BMDL] Free Wood!

Ruth Morrisson myfanwy at consolidated.net
Sun Aug 1 08:57:30 EDT 2010

Greetings from Myfanwy!
At one point, the ban *was* county to county.  That's how nervous officials were
about preventing the infestation from spreading.
When we lived in Massachusetts, one of the larger local nurseries had a list
about what *towns* banned you from planting currants -- this was because
they can be affected by a rust that also attacks white pines, which was a cash
crop in many areas.  We could plant them in Framingham, for example, but not
in Lexington (about a half hour's drive); don't remember at this point about
neighboring towns like Ashland or Holliston.
The current policy about firewood may not be that strict, or as strict as I
originally thought.  IMO, though, it is better to be safe than sorry.