[SCA-BMDL] Tapestries at Carnegie Art Museum

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Sat Apr 3 08:35:14 EDT 2010

Greetings Good Gentles!  For those who have any interest in Northern European 16th-17th century life or tapestry production, I highly recommend the temporary exhibit at the Carnegie Art Museum.  There is a large tapestry loom set up with 2 hour demonstrations of period weaving technique (though I didn't write down all the times and couldn't find them specifically on the website), many of which were on weekends but at least one was 6-8pm on a Thursday night.  The Albrecht Durer prints and drawings accompanying the tapestries were also wonderful.  The museum's closed Easter Sunday and regularly on Mondays, but I wanted to remind everyone the exhibit closes June 13th.  http://www.cmoa.org/exhibitions/exhibit.asp  Please forward this as appropriate since I've sent this to the BMDL list only.
Yours,
Ariella