[SCA-BMDL] PSA - Canvas sale

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 13:25:37 EDT 2009

Anyone interested in making a pavilion, Itex (aka Banwear) just got an order of 1000 yards of surplus Sunforger Marine Boat Shrunk 10.10 oz. canvas in 60" widths (they're calling it "colorless" which I believe means sort of light beige) that they are selling for $2.75/yard. That's about half what I just paid in May for the same canvas. They also have 36" widths in both colorless and pearl gray for $2.50/yard. Normally they only sell full bolts of 80-100 yards, but the email says smaller bolts are available.

These are "seconds," but don't let that scare you - I've bought seconds from them before, and all that usually means is either slight slubs in the weave or minor color variation in the dye job. My personal pavilion was made from seconds bought from Itex in 1995 and is still holding up just fine.

I've ordered from Itex many times in the past and they are a great company - reputable and reliable, and the canvas is excellent quality. My last order actually contained 5 MORE yards than I paid for, at no extra charge. If you are interested, email Bob Shaver at BShaver at banwear.com or call 800-525-7058 x203. I would hurry, though - he seems to have emailed every customer who's identified themselves as SCA; even the subject of the email message said "SCA". :-)

Arianna of Wynthrope